There are several reasons why you should study abroad.
1. You can learn a new language or improve your skills in one you already know. If you study abroad in a country that speaks another language, you will have the opportunity to use that language daily and in various kinds of situations improving your fluency and vocabulary exponentially.
2. Studying abroad broadens your experience and lets you learn about a different culture. You will have the opportunity to experience your host country’s culture firsthand and experience it as a resident rather than a tourist. You will also be able to travel and experience what life is like in all different kinds of countries.
3. You will gain a better understanding of yourself and of your own culture. By experiencing and coming to understand another culture, you will begin to see your own in a new light. You will understand the pros and cons of your culture in ways that you previously did not.
4. You resume will stand out among other candidates. Your time abroad makes you a more experienced candidate for job openings and shows that you have a more varied skill set and deeper cross-cultural understanding than similar candidates who did not study abroad.
5. You will become more self-confident and independent. Studying abroad can be a very life-changing experience. It shows you what you are capable of and forces you to become self-dependent and self-motivated because you have to do everything for yourself in a new and unfamiliar environment.